Monday, November 24, 2008

Whirligig


Whirligig

by Paul Fleischman (1999)

I wasn't sure about this one during the first chapter -- teen alcohol, hormone and suicide issues -- but then it got much better. Alternating chapters between a boy seeking redemption for mistakes and the people whose lives are touched by his actions and art, it's interesting and thought-provoking.

Whoa! Just checked the published date: 1920?!?!?!? Need to double-check that, or re-read the book, 'cause that doesn't make sense... UPDATE: no, of course it wasn't written in 1920 -- that's what I get for trusting anything on the Internet for viable information!

1 comment:

Kaye said...

Hi JK, if you liked my peanut brittle recipe, come back and visit me at
http://kayespenguinposts.blogspot to see the new Sweet Saturday recipe sharing idea. You can leave a link to your blog and I am keeping a link list and every Saturday in December bloggers can post a new recipe. I'm just asking that you link back to my blog so I can keep the link list. It should be a lot of fun. I hope you can join in. Watch for the Sweet Saturday logo and instructions posted tomorrow, Dec 1st.