Thursday, April 19, 2012

Tabloidology & Room One

Today's Guest Reviewer is my 105 lb, 10.5 year old 5th grader Son #3 who alternates between two phrases to start every sentence: "Father, how/why...? or "I'm going to invent...."

Tabloidology                  

by Chris McMahen (2009)

Why I picked it up: Because I thought it would be an odd book because of the title.
Why I liked/disliked it: I liked it because it was an impossible funny tale about a school newspaper.
Who I would give it to: My father who likes impossible and funny books about school newspapers.
 [Ed./Father: I do?]

Room One

by Andrew Clements (2006)

Why I picked it up: My dad gave me the book because it was by the same author as Frindle.
Why I liked/disliked it: I liked it because it was 1/8 mystery. 1/8 drama, 1/8 problems, 1/8 school, 1/2 really good book.
Who I would give it to: My dad because he read Frindle and he was the genius who picked it out for me. [Ed./Dad: No argument here!]

No comments: